Teachsport can supply coaches/tutors for the following sports and activities…
|CRICKET||DRAMA & PERFORMING ARTS||TABLE TENNIS|
|TENNIS||DANCE||FUN & FITNESS|
|MEDIA STUDIES||AMERICAN FOOTBALL||PARKOUR|
|HOCKEY||MOVEMENT TO MUSIC||STREET SAFE|
We also can supply coaches/tutors for the following cross-curricular programmes…
- Sports of Our World – a cross curricular course aimed at teaching children sports and events from around the globe. Each child will receive a workbook to record their progress throughout the course.About the course…This 10 week programme aims to teach children a range of new sports which are traditional to several countries across the globe. The programme will cover several cross-curriculum links and will combine Physical Education with History, Geography and Foreign Languages. The major link with Key Stage 1 and 2 for this course is the PSHE (Personal, Social & Health Education). The aim is to teach the children in your school a new sport each week, culminating in a quiz and assembly performance.
- Primary School Leadership Certificate (PSLC) – a Key Stage 2 course aimed to teach children the leadership skills required when making the transition in to secondary school. The PSLC is also ideal for team-building and teaches children to design and run their own sports session and/or event. About the course…This is our unique 10 hour course, teaching leadership skills through sporting activity. The course is available to anyone of primary school age but is particularly useful for pupils in Years 5 and 6 who are about to make the transition into secondary school.The aim of the PSLC is to introduce students to the skill of leadership and to encourage students to organise, lead and motivate groups, whilst increasing their levels of self-esteem and self-discipline. The PSLC can help develop class cohesion, a greater sense of personal responsibility and citizenship. The course is split into 10 sections, most of which are of a practical nature where the students demonstrate their knowledge and understanding through physical activity. To accompany the course, each student will be given a ‘course diary’ to record the activities that they take part in during the course. The diary can be kept by the student as a permanent record of what they have achieved.At the end of the course, the tutor will write a summary of each student performance. They will specifically comment on areas such as; attitude, confidence, responsibility, maturity, organisation, respect, reliability, safety awareness, communication, enthusiasm, initiative and effort. Each student’s ability as a leader will be assessed by the Teachsport tutor, using a variety of teaching methods. The tutor’s assessment decisions will be approved by an internal and external verifier to ensure that all assessments are valid and reliable. Certificates will be awarded when the tutor is confident that the student has completed all sections satisfactory. Each student will also receive a ‘Primary School Leader’ pin-badge and wristband on completion of the course. The specifics of the PSLC course can be tailored to suit the needs and requirements of any school.
Teachsport are also an accredited centre for the following UK Leaders courses:
- Level 1 in Sports Leadership
- Level 1 in Dance Leadership
- Level 2 in Sports Leadership
- Level 2 in Community Sports Leadership
- Mini Olympian – a cross curricular course aimed at teaching children the history of the Olympic Games and to teach them several current and historic Olympic events. As well as having the opportunity to try out several famous events, children will also research into the history and origins of specific Olympic Games events, venues and record breakers! The course is also a great way of continuing the Olympic legacy in your school.